Legal Assistant, Flex Team
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send a current resume, together with a cover letter stating salary expectations with a subject line, Legal Assistant, Flex to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation related to any materials or activities used throughout our selection process. If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during our selection process, please call our HR Department at (204) 934 2552 prior to your interview.
Commitment to Diversity
One of our firm’s Core Values is that we value diversity and strive to reflect the communities we serve. In that regard, we encourage anyone who identifies as an Indigenous person, a visible minority, a person with a disability, and/or a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ community to apply. We also welcome you to self-identify your membership in these groups if you wish to do so.
Thompson Dorfman Sweatman (TDS) believes that collaboration is essential to providing outstanding professional service. Their collegial workplace fosters greater teamwork, responsiveness, and communication, providing better results for clients. With Manitoba roots that run more than 130 years deep, TDS has long been recognized as a leading full-service law firm dedicated to serving clients and delivering high quality work.
Perks & Benefits
- Company pension with generous employer match.
- Diverse group health, dental and disability benefits.
- Employee assistance program.
- Extended health care.
- Affordable gym in the building.
- Paid time off.
- Centrally located in True North Square, a state-of-the-art building with many nearby restaurants, and amenities available.
- Some flexibility for start and end times within core office hours.
TDS is currently seeking Legal Assistants for our Flex Team. The Flex Team is a group of Legal Assistants who are not paired with any singe lawyer or team, but rather provide backup support to Team Coordinators and their teams as needed. This position will primarily support the efforts of the Support Services Department providing administrative, clerical, and legal services to assist lawyers, paralegals and/or legal assistants throughout the firm.
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents
- Opening, updating (including data entry and scanning of documentation), organizing, maintaining, and closing legal files and matters (paper and electronic)
- Performing conflict checks, dictation, and initial calls with clients, etc.
- Reviewing and revisions of format, spelling, and grammar on all final documents
- Entering and verifying lawyer time entries
- Translating dictation into typed format
- Performing and reviewing legal searches
- Drafting and registering documents
- Preparation of monthly invoices
- Printing and scanning documents
- Performing general administrative duties and flex support as required
- Legal Administrative Assistant certificate or diploma
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e., Word, Outlook & Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational, administration and research skills
- Mature attitude and deadline driven