Legal Assistant, Real Estate
How to Apply
Candidates are asked to email a current resume, together with a cover letter stating salary expectations to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Real Estate” in the subject line.
Attention: Hiring Manager
Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP
242 Hargrave St.
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V1
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation related to any materials or activities used throughout our selection process. If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during our selection process, please advise prior to your interview by calling our HR Department at (204) 934-2552.
Commitment to Diversity
One of our firm’s Core Values is that we value diversity and strive to reflect the communities we serve. In that regard, we encourage anyone who identifies as an Indigenous person, a visible minority, a person with a disability, and/or a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ community to apply. We also welcome you to self-identify your membership in these groups if you wish to do so.
Thompson Dorfman Sweatman (TDS) believes that collaboration is essential to providing outstanding professional service. Their collegial workplace fosters greater teamwork, responsiveness, and communication, providing better results for clients. With Manitoba roots that run more than 130 years deep, TDS is Manitoba’s largest independent law firm and has long been recognized as a leading full-service law firm dedicated to serving clients and delivering high-quality work.
Perks & Benefits
- Company pension with generous employer match.
- Diverse group health, dental and disability benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Affordable gym in the building.
- Paid time off.
- Centrally located in True North Square, a state-of-the-art building, with many nearby restaurants, and amenities available.
TDS is currently seeking a Legal Assistant with Real Estate experience. This position will primarily support the efforts of the Real Estate department and related lawyers at the organization, assisting with the completion of residential real estate transactions.
- Performing online tax and title searches for residential real estate
- Preparing purchase and sale reports for residential real estate
- Preparing of sale, purchase, and mortgage documents for residential real estate transactions
- Dealing with contracts, title reviews, and mortgage payouts
- Preparing bank statements of adjustments and reconciliations.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate or diploma.
- Previous experience supporting lawyers in a law firm, with some exposure in Real Estate work.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e., Word, Outlook & Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature attitude and deadline-driven.